9.20.2010

I see you
trapped in your
self destructive
actions,
unaware.

I am running,
but I can not
reach you.

I see a tear
roll down your
cheek,
hurt,
from the inside out.

I am screaming
but you can not
hear my words.

I see you
shrinking,
pulling your knees
in close
to your chest.

I am still running,
trying to reach you,
desperate to hold you,
desperate to mend
your deep wounds.

How could someone
step on and crush
such a
rare and beautiful
flower?

You are not alone,
you are not gone,
you are not over.

What I would do
to give you back
that night.

I am running,
screaming,
hurting for you.

I finally reach you,
and pick up your pieces.

I will put you back together,
because that is what we
have always done:

Put each other back together
after the world has damaged us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what did you think?